Honey and Mustard Glazed Loch Duart Salmon with Autumnal Salad
2x 140g salmon fillet portion
1x Harlequin squash
4x leaves cavolo nero
180g Wholegrain rice
Salt and pepper
3x tbsp Scottish heather honey
1x tbsp soy sauce
2x tsp whole grain mustard
1x garlic clove
½ x lemon
1x tbsp olive oil
- In 300ml of salted water start cooking the rice.
- Wash, cut in half and then de-seed the squash. Cut into wedges and place into a hot oven for 25 mins.
- In a mixing bowl, add the honey, soy, mustard, and lemon juice and stir thoroughly.
- Then place the salmon fillets into the bowl and place into the fridge for 30 mins.
- After 30 mins, remove the salmon and on a plate put to one side.
- Then in a small pan, add the olive oil and grate in the garlic. Cook till fragrant then add in the marinade and simmer.
- Shred the cavolo nero and blanch in boiling salted water with a knob of butter.
- On a hot griddle pan cook the salmon for 3-4 mins each side alternating the angle to get the criss-crossed charred effect.
- Once the rice is cooked, remove from the heat and place into a mixing bowl to cool slightly. Then add in the roasted squash, blanched cavolo nero, chicory leaves, season with salt and pepper and stir thoroughly.
- Once the salmon is halfway cooked and the first criss-crossed side is facing upwards, spoon over a few tablespoons of the glaze.
- Then once the salmon is cooked, place the salad onto a plate, add the salmon on top and if desired spoon over the remaining glaze.