Gin and Orange Glazed Salmon with a Beetroot and Orange Salad
80ml Orange Juice
2x Tbsp Clear Honey
2x Tbsp Sprigs of Thyme
2x Salmon Fillet Portions
2x Oranges, Segmented
200g Beetroot, Cooked, Peeled and Cut into Cubes
2x Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
FOR THE SAUCE:
1x Tbsp Creamed Horseradish Sauce
1x Tbsp Orange Juice
2x Tbsp Crème Fraîche
1/2x Tsp Dijon Mustard
1x Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2x Tbsp Finely Sliced Chives
- Preheat the oven to 200C/ Fan 180C/ Gas mark 6. Put the orange juice, gin and honey into a small pan with the thyme leaves. Bring to the boil and reduce by half. Allow to cool.
- Place the salmon on a piece of parchment paper with gaps between the fillets. Pour the orange and gin glaze over the salmon fillets and place in the preheated oven for 8 – 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: mix together the horseradish sauce with the orange juice, crème fraîche, mustard, oil and chives. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the beetroot with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the salmon on a plate and drizzle the juices from the baking tray over the fillets. Scatter the beetroot and orange segments around it and serve with the horseradish sauce. Garnish with pea shoots.
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 20 mins