Trio of Loch Duart Salmon
150g cooked beetroot
1x orange zest
1x lemon zest
1x small bunch of dill
3x crushed juniper berries
3 Tbsp of rock salt
1 Tbsp of demerara sugar
2x fresh fillet portions of salmon
1x slice rye bread
125g cream cheese, at room temperature
60g fresh goats cheese
3x sheets of gelatine
2 Tbsp orange juice
1 Tbsp lemon juice
125g cooked beetroot
150ml double cream
80g smoked salmon
1 x salmon fillet portion
¼ spring onion
½ orange, juiced
½ lemon, juiced
1x large pinch of rock salt
2x sprigs of parsley, finely chopped
Beetroot cured salmon gravadlax
- Blend the beetroot, orange and lemon zests, dill and juniper in a food processor until resembling a rough puree. Then add the rock salt and sugar and stir through.
- Pour in the gin and give the mix a good stir.
- Lay out a sheet of cling film and spread 1/3 of the mixture onto the centre and place the salmon fillets on top.
- Add the rest of the mixture over the top of the fillets and make sure that they are completely covered.
- Wrap tightly in cling film and place them into the fridge (on a plate just to be safe)
- After 48 hours, remove from the fridge and wash off the curing mixture and pat dry.
- Slice into the desired thickness and serve.
Smoked salmon and goats cheese mousse
- Using your mould rings, cut the rye bread into shape and place on a plate lined with baking paper.
- Add the beetroot and smoked salmon into a blender and blitz until as smooth as possible.
- Mix the cream cheese and goats cheese until smooth. Then stir through the orange and lemon juice.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water to soften then dissolve in 3 table spoons of hot water. Once dissolved add into the beetroot and salmon mix.
- Combine the cheese and beetroot mix together gently.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks and then fold in the cheese and beetroot mix.
- Pass through a sieve and pour into your pre-lined mould tins and refrigerate for 3 hours
- Dice the salmon into small cubes, place in a mixing bowl and sprinkle with salt
- Then add the orange and lemon juice and stir through gently
- Refrigerate for 2 ½ mins and strain off the liquid and set to one side
- Dice the avocado and finely chop both the parsley and spring onion
- Mix together with the cured fish
- Mould into an appropriate shape and dress with the citrus marinate and olive oil